Thursday, February 1, 2007

My Half Birthday


As I was rudely was awakened by my alarm, I was dreaming that a little penguin had followed me home, and was chattering to come in my house and help me celebrate my half -birthday. But, alas, no penguin. I had watched the penguin show on TV before going to bed.

My half-birthday? What is that?

The last few years I jokingly tell my friends that I am celebrating my half-birthday on February 1. I thanked God this morning for seeing me halfway through another birth year (I was born on August 1). I have previously prayed that the Lord would use me well into my 90's to help couples prepare for and maintain good marriages. Now, 90 is just six months away!

I will celebrate by going to the men's prayer group this morning to pray for each other and others in our church who are having problems. One of the couples I will pray for is a couple I met on the plane Christmas Eve. He has cancer,, and was returning from Mexico following treatment.

With the Lord's help I plan to make my half-birthday a pleasant and rewarding one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Half Birthday Dad. You are such a blessing and I love you.

Dawn said...

Happy Half Birthday! My daughter always celebrated her half birthday with her grandpa, who died on September 30 at age 93.

I am so glad you are writing about your life - I loved the story of your romance with Ann.

Anonymous said...

Happy half birthday PaPa!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Half Birthday!! I hope you enjoyed your day!!