Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Ephesians 4:29-32

There have been times in my life when my anger and harsh words have hurt others deeply. The Lord finally got my attention and showed me a pattern to follow:
Ephesians 4:29-32.

When I read your request, tears came to my eyes, and the above words came out of my mind into the computer.


This is what I hear God saying:

--Don't grieve the Holy Spirit by using words that do not build up

--with God's help, get rid of negative actions and attitudes

--always be kind and tender-hearted toward others

--forgive others who wrong you, just as God through Christ forgives you.

--apply this in all the relationships in your life


Here is a link to Ephesians4:29-32 if you would like to read these verses.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%204:29-32&version=31

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is a good reminder for me! Thanks!

Looney Mom™ said...

I need to remember these truths as well. Thanks.

Welcome to cyberspace!!

Perri said...

If we didn't learn a thing from you except this - that would be plenty. However, I think I will be learning a lot more...and looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad....I'm in...one of your loyal readers....and just so you know yellomama is a mainstay in my day!!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

So looking forward to many more words of wisdom, dear dad! Yellowmama counts her blessings, I am sure!

Dawn said...

Wonderful thoughts! I can see where you daughter gets her writing and thinking ability.